Thursday 9 August 2012

Be Your Best Self to the "EXTREME"

Some people have idols. Their idols could be a comedian, singer,musician, and whatever you can think of... It's a good thing to have actually, so that you guys can learn from them. Be it how they are successful, funny, etc... However, some people took it to the extreme, they start to copy them from the way they walk, the way they dress, talk and so forth. And when you thought you look as cool as them, turns out that everybody said you are a weirdo (SUCKS TO BE YOU)


The terms of "Be Yourself" is kinda used it loosely nowadays. People who doesn't know anything will usually give the "Just be yourself man". And to be honest, this is the most USELESS advice ever.

When I said Be Yourself, I don't mean it like "Oh well, this is who I am, a gamer... so let's just stay at home and plays StarCraft all day" while drink a milk... Girls are not going to ring your doorbell and immediately say "Would like to be my boyfriend?"... Those kind of things only work in a freaking Korean drama. The Real World does not work like that...


Be Yourself to the Extreme means :

Don't be somebody else
Don't Fake yourself for whoever you are... If you are a gamer, then admit it in to all people... Some people are scared to be thought weird by other people... They think society don't give them permission for them to be like them self. You are a gamer but when people ask what did you do for fun, you replied with "I'm always study", because you don't want people to mock or hate you...

Which one do you prefer?
You wear a mask everywhere you go, stay in the safe zone because you don't want people to hate you, and have a lot of aquintances
OR
You can be who you are, although some people gonna hate you (Haters gonna Hate), but you have some people that will truly love you for who you are
                                                                                      Get Out From Comfort Zone
Comfort zone is defined as a zone that make you feel invincible. You won't felt uneasy or scared or whatever inside the comfort zone. You can do anything that you want in your comfort zone and that's fine... But, you are not gonna develop as a human.

Here's an example :
You can play games all day long and don't get out from your house and that is fine... Nobody is going to limit yourself.. But ask this question to yourself, "Am I going to be satisfied just by doing this? Is this how I want myself to be?" If you say "HELL NO", then you should get out from your house and start socializing more.

You can start going out from your comfort zone by joining an event, or a group meeting, or anything as long as you are meeting new people.
You don't have to socialize with people you don't connect with. Find somebody that has the same passion as you. Eventually, that somebody is going to introduce you to another person. Then your social circle will start to develop more and you will find more interesting things that you can do in your life.

Remember, it will feel weird as fuck at the begininng because you are doing something that you are not used to it. However, because you are joining into a group that has the same passion as you, they will be more to welcome you into their group.

Do NOT be Afraid to Fail
This is really important!!! How many of you would like to do many things but you are scared that you might be fail?
If you ever felt that, then it could be because of many reasons... One of the biggest fear is that you are scared to look like a dumb ass in front of many people... You think that what if people saw me do and they laugh at me... What you can do here is let them Fuck them self...
Think about like this, if you fail then it's normal. Nobody in this whole world can never be fail... BUT what I cannot take is I do not do it... When you do not do something then there will be a regret. And this chance will not come back to you twice.. So it is better to do something and fail which is no problem BUT if you don't do something and you regretted it, then too bad for you, good chance does not comes twice.
IMPORTANT NOTE : DO NOT BE SCARED TO LOOK LIKE A DUMB ASS, because you are the one that do it, NOT other people that only will laugh at you...


I do have a story to tell, I used to have no social life. And at that time, I was eager to find a girlfriend. So I started by joining a church community group. Inside, there were tons of people and I totally felt uneasy because, first, I'm new to this community, and second, because I am an introverted person. There were a lot of people that had a different passion than I. Some of them like soccer, some of them like to read magazine, and so forth. I personally like to play video game.

There were a time where we just had a good chat, and usually they asked questions like "What do you usually do at weekend?"... Scared to be thought as a nerd, I replied with "Ohh.. I usually go out with friends, we hang out here and there". But, that wasn't the case... Overtime, I get tired of this. I kept on faking my identity and thus I can't share my passion to anybody. Because first, I don't want to be judged as nerd. Two, I didn't want to make them look uncool by being friend with a nerd.

So I said to myself "Fuck this, I'll just join another community that can accept me". I moved to another community, but the same things are repeating itself. It kept repeating untill I finally realized that Be Your self to the extreme is the best way to live your life. I may have fewer friends at first, because some of them didn't like me. They thought I'm a nerd, they thought I'm not cool, and so forth. However, overtime, those people don't matter anymore. I found new friends through events, and because I'm not faking, they can see me as who I am. They liked me, and so do I like them. Overtime, we became good friends, and my friends keep on increasing.


Bottom line, don't fake yourself, and don't apologize for what you are. If you are a gamer, don't apologize because you are a gamer. Some people just don't like gamers and it's their problem. You can still make new friends with cool gamers out there, and they are bound to introduce you to another friends of them. Overtime, your friends will increase and you will really love your life.

2 comments:

  1. hahaha

    "just be your self"
    gross!!

    I like your point of view bro

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are so me!!! Love your writings

    ReplyDelete